2022 Red Stick Potpourri
August 19-21, 2022| Renaissance Hotel
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Call for Session Proposals
Submission Deadline: February 7, 2022
The Louisiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics Education Committee is pleased to announce the call for session proposals for the 2022 “Red Stick Potpourri” in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, August 19-21, 2022.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to dynamic, cutting-edge professional dialogue while ensuring LA AAP’s annual meeting is the premier destination for educational offerings focused on pediatric issues.
ABOUT THE ANNUAL POTPOURRI
The Louisiana Chapter of AAP Annual Potpourri is held the third full weekend in August of each year and is dedicated to keeping attendees on the cutting edge of scientific information and clinical best practice in pediatrics. This is accomplished by providing programming in a variety of formats and topic areas to help attendees evaluate, diagnose and treat pediatric patients. The annual Potpourri provides a selection of educational opportunities through conference programming and an exhibitor showcase.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Please note that even if you have presented previously at the Louisiana Chapter of AAP Annual Potpourri, you must submit a new proposal.
- All online proposal forms must be submitted by February 7, 2022. Proposals received after this date will not be considered for the 2022 Red Stick Potpourri.
- The content of the presentation must be relevant, accurate and if applicable, based on current scientific methods.
- Presentations that promote commercial products or services will not be accepted. Commercial support, if any, must be disclosed.
- A disclosure slide must be included at the beginning of every presentation.
- Speaker credentials and experience should be appropriate to present the subject matter.
- Speaker must be a current Louisiana Chapter of AAP member. To check your membership status or become a member contact Taryn Daigle at email@example.com.
- Scientific Sessions: These 30-minute sessions comprise of lectures based on current pediatric topics with a 15-minute question and answer session.
REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESSES
All submissions received by the due date will be independently peer-reviewed and scored by the Louisiana Chapter of AAP Education Committee based on the following criteria:
- contribution to the field of pediatrics in terms of scientific rigor and the novelty and originality of research findings;
- clinical relevance;
- pertinence to the interests of LA AAP membership;
- expertise and qualifications of the presenter;
- timeliness of the topic;
- overall impact and quality.
If selected to present at the 2022 Red Stick Potpourri, you will be contacted to provide the following:
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC) questions – 3 questions and answer choices per presentation
- Draft PowerPoint presentation
- If interested in submitting a proposal, you must complete all forms below. All speakers are required to disclose any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- Speaker Information Form
- Activity Planning Form
- Disclosure Form
Director of Education and Membership